The first question before you file a lawsuit is that is there any legitimate reason to file the lawsuit other than because you need money, or because you want revenge on someone who has hurt you
1. A question that can be of a good interest is it really necessary to get the law involved? without the law involved the dispute will be much faster and less expensive.
2. Review the document you signed to the other party in lieu of compensation offered to you for your signature. Make sure the settlement is satisfactory before you take it. Most of the promises are for not suing the other party.
3. Do not pick a lawyer by his price. A good lawyer will be expensive but they will sustain for the long run. The bad ones usually end up costing you more than the good ones. debt collection statute of limitations
4. A moderator is the person who can help to resolve a dispute without going to the court. But they are expensive, but certainly not as expensive as a lawsuit.
5. Hiring an attorney before filing a lawsuit is recommended. The attorney can help you on how to progress with case. Some attorney’s also represent you for no charge at all.
6. If you agree to hire a lawyer for a lawsuit then decide the stakes beforehand. If it’s a small case then better to go to a small court. If the lawsuit is over divorce, child custody, a personal injury, mesothelioma and other medical related lawsuits then better go to a superior court.
7. Make sure the lawsuits are filed within the statute of limitations
8. Waiting for a long period to file a lawsuit can make it too late to file the suit. So its better to start the process without long wait.
9. You are allowed to represent yourself in court, but unless your very sure of yourself better not try it.
10. The state Bar Association licenses all lawyers in the state, and disciplines bad ones so before selecting a lawyer you can do a background check of the lawyer.
11. Be sure to tell your lawyer every detail you can think of about the case. A bit of a information can be vital in the determination of the result of the lawsuit.
12. Make sure that you understand that when you file a lawsuit that there is a chance of you winning or losing. So its better to make completely sure that you want to go ahead with the lawsuit before wasting precious money and time.